License To Carry Out Alterations

All leaseholders are obliged to obtain formal written approval from the freeholder of their property for any internal alterations beyond decorating and the modernisation of kitchens and bathrooms.

Modifications, such as moving or inserting walls or building extensions, even where planning permission is not required, do require the freeholder’s written consent.  Failure to obtain such can cause complications should you try to sell your property in the future.

Experienced Surveyors at True Associates provide advice to both landlords and lessees on proposed alterations.  If you would like to know more about LCOA’s and the service we provide, please contact us on 020 8960 3663.

We cover the whole of London & the South East.